Thursday 25 April 2013

Do You Believe In Signs?

I often think life throws us little hurdles, not to purposely knock us down but to show us how strong we can really be. It could be something as huge as the death of a loved one or something smaller like a rude customer at work.

Today I had one of these moments...

It was something simple, a social plan I'd had made not going to plan but it was enough to make me feel disappointed and think "do I now sit in and turn to food for comfort??" "Now life hasn't gone to plan tonight do I throw in the towel and start again tomorrow?" The internal excuses began to circulate in my mind.

So what did I do about it? Well ill tell you what - I dug deep! I made my chicken salad from scratch and then I turned to my runners for a session at the gym. I proved to myself that I was strong enough to get up and go - I sucked it up!!

Mentally I now feel a little more prepared for whatever hurdle is thrown at me next because I have this little success under my belt. It's a sweet sign which has given me an insight into what I am capable of doing. And we are ALL capable of completing this journey if we believe hard enough in ourselves and overcome our hurdles.

I'd love to hear if you've already overcome a hurdle during pre season! Or if you've witnessed your own signs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment