Monday 29 April 2013

It's a New Day

What a difference a day makes!

It was so nice to not wake up in a bed full of cookie crumbs and full of guilt (although in all seriousness I ate the packet of cookies on the sofa so the crumbs are probably on there instead).

I was torn yesterday over whether or not to put the link to my Blog on my Facebook page and inform everyone of what I was doing. I turned to the forums at one point for advice and was met with some mixed although very helpful responses. So nice to hear that others out there were in the same dilemma as me!

On the one hand I wanted people to know so in a way I was accountable and couldn't back out - does that make sense to anyone? Also to inspire others perhaps and just be honest in a way.

But on the other hand I thought if you need to make some sort of announcement just to see this through Emma then you're clearly not that serious about it. Or what if people were negative towards me and it set me back because my emotions got in the way??

So instead of clogging up people's news feeds I decided (for now) to join the Perth Crew Nor Group and post the link on there for other 12wbt members to see. After all, we are on the same journey, all looking for that extra bit of inspiration and support so it would be rude not to. I have to admit I am still toying with the idea of posting my Blog up but I am thinking perhaps a better time would be Day 1 of Week 1 and with a status along the lines of "Let's Do This!" and then those who are curious can read and those who aren't, won't. Urrrrggghhh even the idea of it still makes me shudder though!!

I have told my nearest and dearest about what I am doing and shared the link with them for now so it's a start. Baby steps....

So how did yesterday go for me?

I completely moved on from Sunday's slip and threw myself into eating 1200 calories and a gym session with a friend. Mainly cardio last night with some ab and core work at the end:

10 mins cross trainer
10 mins running
10 mins power walking
10 mins bike
6 mins abs
2 mins plank
Stretch



Felt good to finish a day with a workout! I like to mix the times I go up so I don't get bored - anyone else do that?

1200 calories can sound so little but when you're eating the right things you can eat so much.



Again boredom is a thing for me so I am forever trying to keep it interesting, trying different flavours and new recipes. I think that's why Michelle Bridges appeals to me so much. If someone told me I could only eat chicken and broccoli for 6 days of the week I think i'd go into melt down and eat the entire cake isle at IGA. Although IGA is super expensive so I might make the drive to Coles instead...

Anyway! Hope everyone else had a positive start to the week and if not, tomorrow is a new day :)

2 comments:

  1. All your food looks yummy.

    I agree about the 1200 calories being a lot of food when you are eating properly.

    Cass @ http://12wbtwithme.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    Just read your most recent post - great idea with the 12 day plan! Keep us posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete