Friday 3 May 2013

A 12 week reboot

For any of us doing the Michelle Bridges 12wbt, we will have asked ourselves "why?". What do we want from this programme?

Sure there's the obvious reasons such as weightloss, to tone up or to lose baby weight. But for many of us, myself included, it's to retrain ourselves. Break old habits and form new ones.

My current habits are to eat very well during the week, workout 6 times a week and to have a cheat night or two of a weekend. Now don't get me wrong, this is fine if I want to maintain my current weight. The couple of pounds I put on during the weekend will be gone by the next one and I can begin the process all over again. But for someone who wants to lose 10kg this formula is simply not going to cut the mustard.

12 weeks is 84 days. That's 67 workouts , 7 rest days, 252 breakfasts, lunches and dinners and 168 snacks. In one whole lifetime that's not a lot to ask from anyone, to deliver 100% on a programme and to show full commitment.

After 12 weeks, I or you can go back to our current eating habits if we really want or do something completely different. But what have we got to lose right now by just giving ourselves this 12 week period?

In light of this I have decided that from now and until the 12wbt is over, I shall not be indulging in any free or cheat or treat meals. I want to give myself a full body and mind detox and focus solely on only eating real foods and detoxing from the crap I have shovelled into my mouth *cough - Nandos and ice cream last night - cough*. My Saturday night cheat meal will simply be a meal I have enjoyed in the week so I make it again.

It's time to go cold turkey and break free from myself and bad habits that have been holding me back.

This journey is about so much more than Emma losing weight - it's about creating new Emma, a stronger and more confident Emma. I will become the person that I want to be. From this moment I AM BECOMING THE PERSON THAT I WANT TO BE.

And who is going to get me there? Me. Who is going to support me? Well all of you I'd hope :)

It's 9 days till the round officially kicks off but my journey begins in this moment!!

Right busy day for me so must be off...double session of sparring and boxing at 10am and doggies to walk before!

Have a great Saturday all :D

Oh and I met Ozzy Osbourne yesterday, just saying :)



4 comments:

  1. I love your attitude! I've had to have the "no cheating, just focus" talk with myself as well and I feel like that's what's going to make us feel the most accomplished at the end.

    Also I really like the "Days without cheats" idea! Do you mind if I do the same? If I post anything about it I will link back to you :)

    Also I am a fellow Nandos lover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really am an all or nothing person and currently show no restraint when it comes to a "cheat". I want to prove to myself I can do this with no treats, however hard it is!

    Oh please do! A member in one if the forums suggested the idea and I loved it. Helps to see it in front of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "days without cheats" idea.

    It really makes you think twice about the number of cheats that I do!! Food is great but exercise is poor :(

    Cass @ http://12wbtwithme.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cass!

    I've found it really helps to cross of each day as when i'm having a rubbish day I can see right in front of me how well i'm already doing and that i'm moving forward, however slow it may be.

    How are you going with your exercise now?

    ReplyDelete