Wednesday 8 May 2013

6 Down, 2 To Go!

As we all approach the start of the round I have 2 of my pre season tasks left to complete - my fitness test and measurements/weight.

The fitness test is based on recording a few times/reps for selected exercises such as press ups and a ski sit which then pre-determine which exercise programme you should follow.

Looking over what scores you need in order to place in which category, I have already established I will be doing the Advanced Lean and Fit which will allow me to lose weight and tone. I'm pretty active already and take part in kickboxing, boxing and muay thai classes as well as boot camp and gym sessions so this will be challenge me perfectly.

The dreaded measurements and weight task is going to be my least favourite although for obvious reasons it's going to be one of the most important!!

I'll go into more detail about my current weight and stats when I complete the last task however I will say that I want to lose 8 kilos during this round and I appreciate that when you don't have a large chunk of weight to lose, it can come off slower that it would if say you had 40 kilos to lose. Therefore if I am not always seeing a great deal of movement on the scale it will be good to compare it to my measurements to see if they are moving down. I'm going to be particularly keen to see how my arms and back change as this is where I tend to hold my weight and can feel a little self conscious about it at times.

I shared the details of my upcoming task with a friend of mine recently, describing how I was dreading the moment of truth on the scales and she said this to me...

"Don't worry about your measurements and photo, and don't try to sugar coat them. It will be better for you to see a difference when you're finished! Even if it's embarrassing and you're unhappy with the photo - that's actually better!''

Her words made me realise how lucky I am to have such a supportive group of friends around me who are rooting for me to smash this challenge! It makes those moments of craving that little less tempting and makes me feel that much stronger. Because I still have that little voice in the back of my head sometimes that's whispering "You can't do this, you won't. Just give up now....join me for a mojito and Mcflurry in 5". Why is it we doubt ourselves before we've even begun??

That being said I feel prepared to do this, both mentally and physically. In the past I've approached so many fads and diets with a half arsed attitude and not wanted to make the commitment but I will attack this head on and succeed. I owe it to myself to do this. I'm already doing it! 6 days and counting with no treats or cheats - I deserve a medal or gold star at least!

So with that in mind i'll complete my last two tasks on my day off Saturday, stock up the fridge for my first week ahead and never look back...

Let's do this!!!!


2 comments:

  1. It's going to be great for you to be able to see the difference in your photos like your friend has said :)

    6 Days with no treats! Awesome effort! You should get gold stars to put on your count-down sheet :D I think I might just do that too (love me some cute stickers) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking my first one tonight - little bit nervous but keen to get cracking!

    Ha yes anything girly like stickers or a scrap book and i'm game!

    ReplyDelete