Sunday 5 May 2013

Latest Task - Plan & Diarise!

The latest task I completed for the Michelle Bridges 12wbt was the planning and diarising task.

Basically I had to write down what workout I will be doing on what day as per the format provided as well as my food shopping days and any "red flag""days.

For those of you not doing the 12wbt, a red flag day is any day that might set you back be it a wedding or holiday or a birthday party. The idea is that if you plan ahead and know when these days are coming you can be better prepared to prevent them disrupting you.

I actually have a 5 day holiday to Bali booked at the end of week 6 so needless to say there are 5 little flags already drawn out! Thankfully I am going with one of my best friends who is pregnant so the idea is to have a lot of down time, walks, massages, naps etc. We are there for her friends wedding so apart from the one meal that day I will have total control over what I eat.

Much like I have been sticking to 1200 calories in the run up to the programme starting and doing my own workouts for an hour, I shall do them same whilst in Bali. In fact i'm not too worried as i'll have done it before plus have total support and access to the site and forums. Really these red flags should be white flags because junk food is going to be waving one at me in defeat, just saying.

That being said I can totally see the benefit of planning your red flag days well in advance so they don't sneak up on you and being prepared has me feeling confident.

Aside from my holiday I have a friends birthday lunch the first Sunday into the programme so my plan is to check the menu before I go and keep the meal as clean as possible.

I suppose some may wish they didn't have any red flag events in the 12 weeks so temptation couldn't strike but I want to have instances that test my will power. I want to carry on with my social life and not miss out, just simply teach myself to make the better choices, each time growing a little stronger because of it. I'm not going to hide from anyone or anything.

So another task down and only 2 more to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment