Wednesday 15 May 2013

WEEK 1, Day3

Holy shit....just finished eating my lasagne that I made for dinner tonight and have just been brought back down to earth on a cloud from mince and pasta heaven!

AMAZING!!

I was dubious about making it, lasagne is one of my all time faves and I'd normally serve with a side of chips and garlic bread but the portion size was plenty. I'm slowly learning I don't need to pile my plate, I just need enough. It was another success with my housemates too and will definitely be making a regular appearance in this household.

It made up for the beef wrap I had at lunch - how did I not know mustard is hot up until today?? I can't stand hot food so as soon as I bit into it I knew I'd be chucking it. I was able to salvage a non mustardy part and top up my calories with fruit so no big emergency.

I hit the gym at 5.30am and did Thursdays weight workout. Boy was that hard!!! So much better going in the morning though and not dreading going in the evening.

Speaking of dreading things, I set myself a mini goal of doing something each month that I'm scared of and I have my first months task....I am going to the dentist on Friday.

I've been in Australia almost a year now so time to register with one and be a grown up. I had a bad experience when I was younger with severe ingrown toenails and a couple of operations which have left me petrified of ANYTHING medical. It's caused me to avoid the dentist for a few years now and although I've experienced no problems or toothaches, I appreciate you can only be lucky for so long and I like my teeth firmly in my mouth!!

So Friday at 8am it is. I found a lovely dentist in Joondalup, the staff are so friendly and understanding, and one of my girlfriends is coming with me bless her. I hate sounding like a baby but I just can't help this phobia. I'm hoping finding a lovely practise will help me get over this fear partly.

It's the same with my eating habits. Sure I'm not overweight now but if I were to carry on binging I'm setting myself up for trouble in the future - it's best to act now!!!

So wish me luck for Friday people :( being a grown up sucks sometimes hey?!

;)







5 comments:

  1. Yum! That all looks great! I sympathise completely about the dentist. I've been avoiding mine for a couple of years because I am irrationally petrified of them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. on a side note...
    how good are scanpan knives! :P
    the lasagne looks amazing! can't wait to have mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are many of us out there Lady Bug!! I'm already thinking if excuses to not go :/ I will prevail though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are the best Hannah! My house mate has some fab cooking utensils and a lovely big kitchen which makes cooking all the better.

    The lasagne was so good I'm making another tonight to freeze ready for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to post-pone the lasagne for another night, but after seeing those photos I am not sure I want to leave it any longer!!

    Cass @ http://12wbtwithme.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete