Sunday 5 May 2013

Where Would All My Shoes Go??

What a great weekend and puppy drama free!

Saturday was boxing, sparring and a lovely lunch made by yours truly for some of my bestest girlfriends. I made a chicken and feta salad from scratch and had no complaints, quite the opposite! Thankfully my girlfriends are very health conscious and would rather a salad than a meal out of a packet.

Just in case you're wondering, ingredients for my salad as follows:

100g chicken
40g feta
Lettuce
Sundried tomatoes
Cucumber
Yellow capsicum
Red onion
Carrot
Drizzle of olive oil and vinaigrette

Yummo!!!

Sunday I had a lovely time meeting some other 12wbt members at an organised boot camp session in Scarborough. So great to meet ladies of all exercise levels to sweat it out for an hour and the session was really varied which I enjoyed. I don't know about you but I have to keep things mixed up or I can get bored pretty easily. I have to admit, I gave myself a firm talking to when my alarm went off at 6am and I was debating going. But go I did and I felt wonderful for it after! Plus when I got home I had a cheeky nap with my puppy so I still had a (delayed) lie in :)

Again I was bang on with calories yesterday, even having an extra snack to meet the full 1200. I can't wait to get the shopping list this week so it's laid out for me. Can't believe it's one week today we'll be starting!

Even though my weekend was a successful one I felt a bit rubbish this morning after putting on a pair of jeans I have brought over from England and them feeling tight. What did I expect though? I mean this is the whole reason i'm doing this challenge, to lose the weight I have gained and take back the control.

I guess up until facing it all I had been burying my head in a tub of ice cream, eating my feelings if I felt a little bit sad about my new muffin top and trying to make the realisation of it all go away. Then the next day starting the vicious cycle all over again, all the while the weight slooooowly creeping on.

I'm so done with living in the ice cream tub though - it has limited shoe space and there is a stronger, more confident me desperate to burst out!

So instead of feeling sad about my tight jeans I decided to swallow it, accept that yes this is my weight now but I am doing something about it and will continue to move forwards and forwards only. This is not for discussion!

The old Emma might have turned to food for comfort in a situation like this before but the new one, the new one will work her arse off at the gym tonight even harder because of it!

Angel on Emma's shoulder 1, Devil...0


Boxing session stats
 

 
Sunday's dinner - sweet potato, turkey and brocolli
 
 
Monday's lunch - ham, ricotta and cottage cheese wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment