Friday 10 May 2013

Thinking Ahead...

It’s been a while now since I’ve treated myself to any new clothes as since becoming a Mother (to a Labrador) any extra money I have has been spent on her.

So I thought I deserved a little treat and seeing as I’m off out in a couple hours I decided to pay a visit to Forever New today on my lunch break…

Wearing clothes that I brought over to Australia with me from England has been a sharp slap in the face from reality that I have put weight on since being here and I am definitely over trying to squeeze into things that no longer fit me and feel down about it.

So I bought a jumper in a size 12 as I wanted something loose to go over my leggings plus as I lose the weight this jumper will still look fab over a pair of skinny jeans as it is of a loose style, not a figure hugging one.

It looks great and I feel great, not just because I’m able to breath in it but because even though I’m bigger than I’d like to be its ok because I’m doing something about it. In the meantime I’m not going to let it spoil each shopping trip or social event I attend - far from it! I’m going to keep pushing myself harder and harder and look forward to the day when I’m fitting back into my clothes from the UK and have earned my size 8 jeans.

And luckily for me Winter is approaching which means an abundance of jumpers and jeans and as a UK born resident, I have dressing for the colder months down to a fine art!! Some can sing, some can dance…I can pick out one hell of a fashionable coat!





No comments:

Post a Comment