Monday 13 May 2013

WEEK 1, Day 1

First day done! As quickly as it rolled around it was over and brought me one step closer to completing my 12 weeks.

I can't say I starved at all yesterday with my 3 meals and 3 snacks.

I substituted the lunch and dinner option for recipes of my choice and the dinner went down a treat in my household! I live with a friend and her boyfriend so she has the same size portion as me and for her other half we do double. Argh he is one of those annoyingly slim people who can eat whatever he likes, whenever he likes and actually lose weight!

Still I certainly didn't feel like I missed out yesterday and was very satisfied.

With regards to the snacks I am simply choosing my own but sticking to the calorie allowance which for me yesterday was 373 for snacks. So I had a muesli bar which was ideal for eating when I was up at 5am for an early start, and then a yogurt and 2 dates later in the day.

The pork with sweet potato mash, green beans and apple is already a firm favourite of mine and one that I found very easy to cook. Something i'll be whipping up in the future again and that would be a good meal if I have friends over.

Workout wise I did Tuesday's weight workout as tonight I have cardio kickboxing so I will be swapping around my workouts here and there - still completing what's asked from me in the week but just tweaking to fit my current class schedule. This is a lifestyle change for me and something that has to be sustainable.

*Note to self. Must wear better

sports bra next workout. No one wants my nipples in their face.*

I ended the day with food prep for the bircher muesli for this morning and again that was very simple to put together. People may think that being healthy takes more time than grabbing a take away and to some extent I can see why they might think that. But if you really think about it, you still have to drive to the drive thru to purchase your Big Mac or pick up the phone and get your money ready to take delivery of your pizza. It swings in roundabouts but at least you're not dishing yourself up a heart attack with a side serving of guilt when you make the right decision.

Day 2 - come at me!

3 comments:

  1. I'm seriously loving the food. You should try the chicken soup and the beef stroganoff! The stroganoff was a nice, big serving size too. We've had the ginger salmon stir fry as well - serving size was a bit small but it was packed with flavour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! and we substituted the salmon for chicken (for convenience and $$)

      Delete
  2. We have beef stroganoff tomorrow!! Tonight I've made the lasagne, actually pretty easy. Starving waiting for it though ha!!

    ReplyDelete